Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sherlock Holmes: The Game is Afoot

Having found a pocket of time between the chaos of packing, appointments, and last minute pants issues (ugh, pants), I've decided to start writing. This is kind of a funny feeling-writing something that completely encases all of my feelings about this trip. I leave on Friday for the wilds of...London, and that date is slowly but surely creeping up on me. Last night I started pulling everything together, and the mountain of stuff in my life that needs to be crammed into a suitcase or two seems a little impossible in itself. So the realization that I'll be living in Europe in a mere THREE days makes me slightly dizzy. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't be more excited. But living a life outside the places I've made so comfortable for myself is just a little intimidating.

I guess more than anything I'm curious. Curious, obviously, about what I'll see, do, and hear in Europe. But also about what I'll be missing while I'm gone. I know you're thinking "REG! Are you crazy! You're going to London! Who cares what's going on back home." But I can't help it. For those of you who are reading this and don't realize it yet, I'm going to miss you terribly. I can't even express how much it pains me to leave you all. But, alas, leave you I must.

I've created this niche in the internet for me to purge all of my thoughts and feelings about my time abroad, and I promise not to let this get too sappy. Enjoy, and bon voyage! Keep in touch.

By the way, if you're a little confused about the title of this post, I assure you there is a reason. Being an English major (and thus, a huge dork), I've decided to name each of my posts after a character or writer whose life I am reminded of during my adventures. Today's title, Sherlock Holmes signifies the mystery of what's coming (and may or may not have a little bit to do with the fact that I just saw that movie and have a teeeensy obsession with Robert Downey Jr.)

And yes, I will indeed be paying a visit to the museum at 221b Baker St. Need I remind you, huge dork.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment